Eternity Memorials Limited
Trading as Eternity Crystal
Website Privacy & Cookies Policy
This website (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Eternity Memorials Limited trading as Eternity Crystal (“we”, “our”, and “us”).
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Set out below is how we use the information we collect and how you can tell us if you would prefer us not to use the information, or to limit its use.
We are Eternity Memorials Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under number 2 with registered office address at The Old Stables, Spring Farm, Moorlinch, Somerset TA7 9DD.
Eternity Memorials Limited is the data controller of any personal data you provide to us and is subject to applicable data protection laws.
We are not required to appoint a formal data protection officer under data protection laws. However, our Data Protection Contact is Adrian Jones. Their contact details are as follows:
Eternity Memorials Limited
The Old Stables,
Somerset, TA7 9DD
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: +44 1458 210830
Anyone processing personal data must comply with the principles of processing personal
data as follows:
· Lawfulness, fairness and transparency – data must be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
· Purpose limitation - data must be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
· Data minimization - data must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
· Accuracy - data must be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
· Storage limitation - data must be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
· Integrity and confidentiality - data must be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
This Statement describes the personal information that we collect, and explains how we comply with these principles.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
You are not required to provide any personal information on any areas of this Site. However, you may choose to provide us with personal data about yourself by corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise. For example your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and/or other information regarding your preferences.
We may also automatically collect, store and use information about your visits to the Site and about your computer, tablet, mobile or other device through which you access the Site. This includes the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version ,time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and geographical location; and
· information about your visit and use of the Site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), pages you viewed and searched for, page response times, download errors, and length of visits to certain pages, referral source/exit pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and website navigation and search terms used.
Your personal data will be used by us in order to:
· process your request or order details for business purposes;
· carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or engaged us to provide to you.
Where it is in our legitimate interest to do so, your personal data will be used by us in order to:
· to administer our Site including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· notify you about changes to our service;
· ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which you access the Site;
· from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purpose of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We will not share your personal data with any third parties.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We store your information in hard copy and in electronic format. We use industry standard physical and procedural security measures to protect information from the point of collection to the point of destruction. Hard copy information files are restricted to authorised individuals. We use, as appropriate, encryption, firewalls, access controls, policies and other procedures to protect information from unauthorised access.
Where appropriate, we use pseudonymisation and / or encryption to protect your information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the internet; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where data processing is carried out on our behalf by a third party, we will endeavour to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place including to prevent unauthorised disclosure of personal information.
Personal information received by us will only be retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this policy or for the maximum period of time as required by law, after which time it will be destroyed in a secure manner.
Access to your information and updating your information
You have the right to access information which we hold about you. If you so request, we shall provide you with a copy of your personal information which we are processing (“subject access request”);
You also have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and commonly used format so that it can be transferred to another data controller ("data portability").
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Right to object
You have the right to object at any time to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests
You also have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal information which is based on our legitimate interests. Where you object on this ground, we shall no longer process your personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Your other rights
You also have the following rights under data protection laws to request that we rectify your personal information which is inaccurate or incomplete.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
· request the erasure of your personal information erasure (“right to be forgotten”);
· restrict the processing of your personal information to processing to which you have given your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of others.
· Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, where exceptions under applicable law apply.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
You can exercise any of your rights as described in this policy and under data protection laws by contacting the Data Protection Contact.
Save as provided under applicable data protection laws, there is no charge for the exercise of your legal rights. However, if your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, we may either: (a) charge a reasonable fee (subject to any limits imposed by applicable law) taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or taking the action requested; or (b) refuse to act on the request.
Where we have reasonable doubts concerning the identity of the person making the request, we may request additional information necessary to confirm your identity.
A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (your “device”) from the Site and is stored on your device’s browser or hard drive.
The cookies we use on the Site won't collect personally identifiable information about you and we won't disclose information stored in cookies that we place on your device to third parties.
You can find more information about how to do manage cookies for all the commonly used internet browsers by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. This website will also explain how you can delete cookies which are already stored on your device.
Our Site contains links to other websites for ease of reference. We do not endorse any sites that are linked from our Site and do not assume any responsibility for the content of any such website.
You may not link the homepage or any other parts of this website without out prior written consent.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/) about our data processing activities in relation to your personal information if you think they infringe applicable data protection laws (ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113).
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We may review and, if appropriate, update this policy from time to time. We will place notice of any such amendments on our Site. Please visit our Site for the most recent version of this policy.
This policy was last reviewed and updated on 18 May 2018